Saturday, November 21, 2009

Welcome God's Miracle, Sam Perkins


Sam Perkins, Parkway's newest and smallest member was born on Tuesday, November 17 at 4:07am. He weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces. I was able to visit Sam on Wednesday and I'm happy to report that he is very cute, mom and dad are doing great, and big brother Christopher is very proud.

Sam, everyone at Parkway is looking forward to loving you and caring for you as you grow both physically and spiritually with us.

I also took our yard sign to his house to welcome him home from his Parkway family. When I pulled up to the Perkins home, a man pulled up in their driveway ahead of me. He stepped out of the car and had a basket of goodies to deliver to the Perkins. He told me that he would leave it on their doorstep since they weren't home. As he was making his way back from the doorstep, I pulled the yard sign out of my car and began to walk it up the driveway to place it in the yard. The man asked to see it so I showed it to him and explained that I was the Children's Minister at their church. He absolutely loved the sign and told me that he thought it was a wonderful way to welcome a baby home. Then he said, "You know what's weird? That's my name." No way! Sam Perkins delivered a present to baby Sam Perkins. Best story of my week.

Sam and his proud big brother, Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment